Simple Eggnog Recipe + Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Happy Holidays everyone! It’s that time of year again! Time for shopping and baking and family and friends! I love the holidays, especially because it gives me a reason to create all kinds of yummy recipes to share with family and friends. In fact, I recently whipped up some pretty tasty (and easy) holiday treats that were a hit in our family! I created a Simple Eggnog Recipe, as well as a Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (I know it’s a long name, but it’s amazing), using ingredients from Clover Stornetta Farms.
The other day, I headed to our local Whole Foods and was impressed by the variety of products from Clover Stornetta Farms. I found milk, whipping cream, half and half, butter, sour cream and Greek yogurt easily in the refrigerated dairy section of the store. Clover Stornetta Farms is a third-generation family owned and operated California dairy who paved the path in setting the highest standards in the dairy industry. This year, Clover is celebrating its centennial anniversary and was excited to announce its delicious new organic Greek yogurts made from human-certified, rBST-free Clover milk.
Why Choose Clover?
What sets Clover apart from other dairy producers? Here are a few ways that Clover has set itself apart with its innovative approach to the dairy business:
- Clover was the first dairy processor to elevate milk from a commodity to a specialty food by establishing the North Coast Excellence Certified (NCEC) program – setting some of the most rigorous standards in the dairy industry which surpass those of the state and federal governments.
- Clover was the first dairy to become American Humane Certified, said no to the synthetic growth hormone rSBT, and made an early entrance to provide and support organic dairy products.
- As part of this standard of excellence, Clover cows are raised on small, local family-owned farms that follow sustainable agriculture practices and tend small herds on spacious ranches, where the cows are well-treated and healthy.
- Clover farms are also American Humane Certified and must demonstrate environmental consciousness and stewardship of land.
- Clover milk is not from cloned cows and annual averages of bacteria counts meet National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s (NCEP) set standards.
I was really happy (as was my family) with the holiday recipes I created using Clover Organic Farms products. Check out my recipes for Simple Eggnog and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Simple Eggnog Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Clover Organic Farms Low Fat Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dashes ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- Clover Organic Farms whipping cream to thicken (add to desired amount)
1 – Add all ingredients to mixing bowl. For the nutmeg, I like to add a few dashes, but the amount is to your desired taste.
2 – Whip with hand mixer on medium speed (so as to not go too high and have milk spill out of bowl). Whip for about 2 minutes or until Eggnog thickens to your liking. You also want to make sure the eggs are all the way whipped into the drink. If you’d like it thicker, add desired amount of Clover Organic Farms Whipping Cream.
3 – Serve immediately or chill for 1 hour. Enjoy!!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup Clover Organic Farms Salted Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 – In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 45 seconds or until combined.
2 – Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl.
3 – Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. If it’s too thick, use a wooden spoon to mix together. I usually can beat in the flour if I add the flour slowly and turn up the speed a little higher as it gets thicker.
4 – Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
5 – Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (at least 2 inches apart as they spread when they bake) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6 – Bake in a 375° oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. After sitting out for a few minutes, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Makes approximately 40 cookies. Enjoy with a glass of Simple Eggnog or Clover Organic Farm Low Fat Milk!
Clover is excited to hear about all the holiday recipes we’re creating and has created an email newsletter about the Clommunity Cookbook. Be sure to share your favorite recipes using the #CloverCooks hashtag and follow Clover on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!!
What is your favorite holiday recipe?