How to Create a Friendship Tea Basket + Shortbread Cookie Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #MeAndMyTea #CollectiveBias
I love to put together and give gift baskets to my family and friends. Recently, I decided to create a Friendship Tea Gift Basket and thought it would be great timing with the New Year! I love to enjoy tea with my best friend, especially when it’s Bigelow Tea. With the New Year, I’ve made it a goal to eat and live healthier, as well as take time for myself to relax more so I can be a better mom and wife. I’m looking forward to this New Year and how Bigelow Tea can be a part of it.
I love the variety of flavors that are available from Bigelow Tea. In fact, I recently headed to Walmart and discovered a few flavors I hadn’t tried yet – Green Tea and Lemon Ginger. While at Walmart, I also picked up some of the ingredients I needed to make Homemade Shortbread Cookies – a perfect pairing with a cup of Bigelow Tea.
Homemade Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
1 – In a bowl, use a hand mixer (or standing mixer) to beat the butter until it’s smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract.
2 – Mix in the flour and salt until incorporated.
3 – Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.
4 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5 – Flatten Shortbread Cookie Dough with hands until smooth. Use round cookie cutters to cut cookies out.
6 – Put cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes (setting 10 minutes at the minimum and checking often). Remove when golden brown.
Serve with your favorite Bigelow Tea flavor and enjoy!
Friendship Tea Gift Basket
Once your cookies are baked and cooled, it’s time to put together your Friendship Tea Gift Basket. Putting it together is super easy! Here is what you need:
- Basket or gift bag. You’ll want to have something to hold all the goodies in that you makes it pretty to present to the person you’re giving it to.
- Bigelow Tea. I like to include a variety of Bigelow Tea flavors in my gift basket. For this one, I included Green Tea and Lemon Ginger flavors.
- Mug. What better way to enjoy Bigelow Tea than with a new mug! I love collecting mugs, so I feel like this goes perfectly with the Friendship Tea Gift Basket.
- Homemade Shortbread Cookies. I love to pair foods with drinks and the Homemade Shortbread Cookies go perfectly with Bigelow Tea. You can put them in a treat bag or wrap them in plastic wrap and tie with string.
I love to drink Bigelow Tea and it definitely has a special place in my heart. I am looking forward to what the New Year has in store for my family and I and how Bigelow Tea can be a part of it.
What flavors of Bigelow Tea do you like to drink? What do you like to pair with a cup of your favorite flavored Bigelow Tea?