Charmin Toilet Paper Keeps Our Drains Clog-Free During the Holidays

By Shannon Gurnee
In Product Review
December 2, 2014

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Charmin. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

#TweetFromtheSeat #Charmin #MC #sponsored

In a house with 6 kids and 2 adults, I can tell you that I have mastered the art of unclogging a stuffed up toilet!  Not that I’m proud of that or anything, but that’s not something I could have (or necessarily would have) done twenty years ago!  Growing up, my parents always had Charmin toilet paper ready and waiting for us in the bathrooms.  In fact, I came to heavily rely on it through my teen years, college years and now parenting years.  Not only does it do the job and not tear or scratch, but it’s good for the toilets!

That’s right!  Charmin toilet paper won’t clog your drain and is septic-safe!  This is especially important during the holidays when we have a higher number of people visiting our home (and the bathroom) more than usual.  This year, Charmin and Roto-Rooter, America’s largest provider of plumbing and drain services, have teamed up to remind consumers of the clog-free and septic-safe guarantee that only comes with Charmin.  In fact, Roto-Rotter plumbers recommend Charmin toilet paper more than any other brand.

With the holiday season here, Frank and I enjoy having family and friends over for meals and socializing.  That means that our “family” bathroom gets used a whole lot more than usual.  I don’t know about you, but I would rather spend time with my family and friends during our holiday parties than running to the bathroom, grabbing the plunger and unclogging the toilet.

Our favorite Charmin toilet paper to use is the Ultra Soft variety.  You can also find the Ultra Strong variety of Charmin toilet paper!  I love that with 6 kids and 2 adults (on a regular basis) in our home, Charmin toilet paper lasts a long time and I don’t have to constantly be running back and forth to the store to buy more.  Plus, with the amount of time I’m saving on not fixing clogged toilets, I get to spend time with my family and build those lifelong relationships that will matter.  To me, that makes it totally worth it!

You can feel confident that when you use Charmin, you’ll be getting the clog-free, septic-safe guarantee that Charmin and Roto-Rooter gives.

How would you feel having a clog-free toilet this holiday season?
What’s your favorite – Charmin Ultra Soft or Charmin Ultra Strong?

Shannon Gurnee (formerly Shannon Gosney) is the author of The Mommy-Files, a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. Shannon and her husband, Frank, have a large family with 6 awesome kids and love living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling, fashion, beauty, technology, wedding ideas and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.

22 Responses to “Charmin Toilet Paper Keeps Our Drains Clog-Free During the Holidays”

1. Catherine says:

Nothing worse than plunging a toilet during the holidays! I use Charmin too, and no problems with clogs since I started!

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I have used Charmin for years. It is worth every penny!

3. Krystal says:

I keep Charmin in the house at all times. With two little boys, I need all the help I can get with clogging issues! O_O

4. Dawn says:

The only thing worse than a clogged toilet is a clogged toilet when you’re hosting a holiday party. Yeesh!

5. Christie says:

Clogged toilet definitely is no fun, especially with company over! I tend to go strong over soft 🙂

6. I love Charmin brand. It’s one of my favorites, and it’s soft in the right places. Septic safe is definitely a bonus too out here in Nevada.

7. Nicole says:

The day before Thanksgiving, my son was nice enough to stuff a rubber duckie down the toilet. We tried using the snake, an auger, everything, and the more we tried, the more we jammed it into the toilet, causing the duck to fill with water, toilet paper and pressure. I had to call a plumber to come and fix my toilet. That was the grossest duck ever, covered in toilet paper.

8. This would be great to not have to worry about a clogged toilet. I will have to switch to Charmin as soon as possible.

9. Jaime says:

There is nothing worse than having clogged plumbing during the holidays. Charmin is so great!

10. Theresa says:

My mom always had Charmin in the house too! It really is such a great, premium brand!

11. I’m a third generation loyal scott tissue girl, but when I do have to buy anything else I would use the Ultra Strong. I do not normally buy Charmin because I find it shreds super easy, but the ultra strong doesn’t do that so when I have to buy Charmin that is the one I buy!

12. Kay Adeola says:

Clogged toilets are not all that fun,I do not use this brand but I think I will give it a try if they have it in my local store.

13. Debbie L. says:

Charmin is our paper of choice. A name we trust!

14. Jeanine says:

Sounds great to me! My kids clog the toilet all the time but usually it’s a 3yo getting in and throwing a car or two in there. Charmin is great!

15. Melinda says:

clogged toilets are a daily occurrence in our home. I wonder if our paper has anything to do with it

16. I think it’s great that Charmin is offering clog-free and septic-safe guarantee. Pretty cool. We have well (country living) and there is one Charmin that is extra-thick. We’ll, we’ve proved that it can clog the septic system. Oops. LOL Oh well. They are still a great company!

17. Rosey says:

I love that Charmin won’t clog. With a 7yr old in the house (and maybe even sometimes the teen) that’s pretty vital.

18. Chrysa says:

YES I want clog free toilets at the holidays and any time of the year. Love the review and I will have to pick up a pack.

19. We ONLY use Charmin, best toilet paper hands down!!

20. Veronica says:

I love me some Charmin. It is our brand of choice

21. Charmin is the only type of Toilet Paper we buy, have been buying it my whole life actually.

22. Debbie Denny says:

I love Charmin. We have used it for some time.