Keeping Your Personal Items Safe When Going Back to School
I remember having lockers in high school. I was so excited on the first day of school when I registered to get my ASB card and was given my locker number. Everyone had to bring their own locks to use on the lockers as there was no lock to keep your personal items safe inside. I clearly remember buying my first pink Master Lock Combination Lock. I had the choice between a pre-set combination or one I could set myself. I chose the one I could set myself because I could set the code to a number that was personal to me – making it hard to forget when I needed to unlock it and get to my personal items. I remember how grown up I felt having my own lock on my locker and how safe I felt with the personal items inside.
After recent surveys were conducted, the following information was reported:
- For nearly one third of North Americans, a return to routine is their favorite part of the back-to-school season. Consumers’ second favorite back-to-school activity is shopping (20 percent).
- English and reading are North Americans’ favorite school subject (30 percent), followed by science (24 percent) and history (16 percent).
- When it comes to helping students with their homework, parents are least confident helping their kids with math.
- More than half of North American students don’t use a locker to store their belongings – most, opting to carry their belongings with them all day.
- Nearly half of North American parents admitted that their child has had an item stolen from them at school, with the most valuable being their cell phone.
*Conducted by Survey Monkey in May 2014 among Americans representative of a National U.S. Census; According to an ORC International Report ‘School/Theft Statistics’ prepared for Master Lock April 11, 2012; and According to a 2011 National Retail Federation Study.
ABOUT MASTER LOCK
When it comes to keeping personal items safe at school, Master Lock is totally the way to go! Master Lock is the world’s largest manufacturer of padlocks and related security products, providing innovation security solutions for home, automotive, campus, power sports, bike and storage security needs since 1921. I love that Master Lock has a variety of stylish, secure and customizable products to make students “back-to-school” savvy, ensuring they don’t forget their combination. You’ll find a wide variety of products and tools from Master Lock for student use, including padlocks for school and gym lockers, laptop locks, backpack locks and an online website and mobile app for storing passwords and other important documents. In 2010, Master Lock reinvented the traditional padlock with the introduction of the Speed Dial – the first padlock that opens on directional movements (up, down, left, right) instead of the traditional rotary dial. In 2012, the brand released the first-ever digital padlock called the dialSpeed. This year, Master Lock back-to-school products feature new colors inspired by the Fall 2014 PANTONE® Fashion Color Report.
FEATURED MASTER LOCK PRODUCTS
– Master Lock 1500eDBX dialSpeed – If you’re looking for a lock that’s easy to use and keeps your personal items safe, then this product is a good one for you! The electronic directional interface offers speed, ease of use and multiple personalized codes. You can organize and protect your personal and valuable information with secure, convenient, digital storage at the Master Lock Vault. It is vault enabled with a permanent Backup Master Code at masterlockvault.com. You won’t have to worry about ever forgetting your combination again! This product comes with a resettable Primary Code and option for 3 additional Guest Codes. It’s ready to use and includes an installed, replaceable CR2032 battery for 5 years of life. It has a 2-1/16″ (51mm) wide metal body that can be opened one-handed without looking. It has maximum security with anti-shim technology and boron carbide shackle for increased cut resistance. It is for INDOOR USE only. Do not allow this lock to get wet. It is available in black or white (retailing for $15.99) and is best used for School, Employee, and Athletic Lockers; Cabinets; and Indoor Storage Lockers.
– Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace – This Master Lock product is ideal for recreation, campus, office, travel or leisure use. It’s lightweight and portable, making it perfect for protecting MP3 players, cell phones, cameras, gaming devices, cash, credit cards, jewelry, keys, passports, sunglasses or other small valuables. You can Lock Up and Lock Down – locking up valuables with the cable wrapped securely around a fixed object. The cable even doubles as a carrying handle. You’ll find durable water-resistant construction, as well as shock absorbing foam that lines the interior storage area. You can even set-your-own-combination for locking convenience. Plus, there is an ear bud/charging cable access port. This product is best used for electronic devices, identity protection and credit card storage and retails for $19.99.
– Master Lock 1535DWD Set-Your-Own Combination Lock – With this combination lock, you can create personalized combinations using memorable words. This is unlike anything I had growing up and is pretty dang cool! The lock is easy to set and reset with a coin on the bottom of the lock. It has a 1-1/2″ (40mm) wide metal body for superior strength and dial grips for accurate dialing. It also has a slim footprint and ergonomic design making it easy to use. Plus it has a hardened steel shackle for extra cut resistance. This lock is best used for School, Employee, & Athletic Lockers; Indoor Storage Lockers; and Cabinets and retails for $7.99.
ABOUT THE MASTER LOCK PHOTO HUNT CHALLENGE
Master Lock is dialing up back-to-school fun for students and parents with an interactive online game, “Master Lock Photo Hunt Challenge.” The game offers players a chance to view the many products Master Lock offers to keep students’ belongings safe at school while getting a chance to win fun Master Lock products and other cool prizes. Now through September 7th, participants can go to Master Lock online for a chance to win back-to-school security items and create a Master Lock shopping wish list. Players can add any of the Master Lock products they see while playing the game to their wish list and email it to their mom or dad for easy back-to-school shopping. That’s a pretty cool idea! The game features two similar back-to-school images and asks players to spot the differences before time runs out. Finding all the differences will unlock the next photo board with the potential to earn up to two sweepstakes entries for each play. If participants share the photo hunt challenge on Twitter, they earn an additional entry. There are more than 65 chances to win, including daily instant win prizes, weekly prizes and one grand prize: a Samsung SmartMedia Center Package that includes a 60″ HD 1080p Smart LED HDTV.
JOIN MASTER LOCK FOR A TWITTER PARTY ON AUGUST 5th!!!
On Thursday, August 5th, Master Lock is having a Twitter Party at 8 PM EST. The party will be hosted by @ResourcefulMom. You can read more information and RSVP HERE.
How do you protect your personal belongings?
This is a sponsored post made possible by the Global Influence Network. All opinions are mine.