Top 10 Cities to Watch Fireworks
I love the 4th of July! Not only do I love the food and family fun, but I love watching the fireworks. I remember going to my dad’s friend’s party every year for the 4th of July. They would block off the street and the entire neighborhood would come out and celebrate with food, drinks, sparklers and a fireworks show.
Here is a fun list I wanted to share that includes the Top 10 Cities for 4th of July Fireworks.
TOP 10 CITIES FOR 4th of JULY FIREWORKS
1. Jersey City, NJ – Jersey City will host a grand fireworks production at Liberty State Park. With the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the Freedom Tower as its backdrop and views overlooking the Hudson River, the display is promising to be the biggest in the state of New Jersey. There will be dozens of food vendors, carnival rides, games and activities for children, as well as live performances by Craig Morgan and Kristen Redmond. The event will support Folds of Honor – a nonprofit that provides scholarships to children and spouses of fallen soldiers.
2. Washington, DC – Each year, fireworks are launched from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, illuminating the sky behind the Washington Monument. Depending on viewing areas, the Capitol and the White House can be seen as well.
3. San Francisco – Pier 39 provides panoramic views of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge, which serve as the backdrop for its annual fireworks extravaganza.
4. St. Louis – The fireworks display at the nation’s tallest monument, the Gateway Arch, has been voted by Readers Digest as one of America’s Most Spectacular Fourth of July Fireworks.
5. Seattle – The Fourth of July celebrations at Gas Works Park & South Lake Union Park will feature skydivers descending at twilight, followed by a 20-minute fireworks show with the Space Needle viewable in the background.
6. Charleston – Spectators can enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience watching a fireworks show from the flight deck of an Aircraft Carrier, the USS Yorktown.
7. Philadelphia – The Benjamin Franklin Parkway is the annual host of America’s “Largest Free Concert.” The Party on the Parkway attracts 500,000 people annually and culminates with performances by well-known recording artists. This year, the celebrations will feature performances by The Roots, Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Hudson, Aloe Blacc, Ariana Grande and Vicci Martinez, and fireworks will be launched over the Museum of Art.
8. New Orleans – Barges battle on the Mississippi River at ‘Go 4th on the River’ in New Orleans, with each barge one-upping the other with their extravagant fireworks, which can be viewed from either side of the river.
9. Orlando – Blazing fireworks and special effects illuminate the sky over Disney World’s Cinderella Castle, accompanied by an uplifting musical score.
10. Boston – The Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular is one of the nation’s largest Fourth of July parties. The fireworks are shot over the Charles River. Spectators can get unobstructed views along the river from a number of locations including the Longfellow Bridge, and for those who want the experience from the historic Boston Harbor individuals can view from their personal boats or organized boat cruises.
Is your city on this list? What do you do for the 4th of July?