Bigelow Tea Gets a Package Makeover with the Same Great Flavor!
I am a huge fan of Bigelow Tea! In fact, quite often I either have a cup of Early Grey (or English Breakfast) in the morning or Chamomile at night. Heck, sometimes I do both! Even my oldest son enjoys the Cozy Chamomile tea. There is something the foil package that reassures me that I am getting the freshest and most flavorful tea on the shelf. Recently, America’s Tea had a package makeover, but with the same great flavor as before!
I headed to my our local Walmart in search of the newly designed packages of Bigelow Tea. I love purchasing them from Walmart because I know I can purchase them at budget-friendly price and will find a variety of flavors. This time, I was looking to buy some so I could make a gift basket for my friend’s mom (Me-ma), who recently had a birthday and has been sick at home. I thought this was a great way to wish her a happy birthday and let her know we’re thinking of her.
Why did Bigelow Tea change the design and look of their packaging?
Bigelow Tea has been in business for almost 70 years and they felt it was time to re-examine their packaging. They believed it could better unify their look and messaging across their different tea lines (herbal teas, green teas and black teas), but more importantly, they wanted to do a better job of letting their boxes share with consumers who they are as a company, and as a family. Among other changes, each panel of the Bigelow Tea box is carefully reviewed to see how they got started as a company, and why they put their tea in foil pouches. They care very deeply about quality and are very proud of their family heritage – and this felt like the right time for them to reacquaint their consumers with those values and with the ways in which those values have made them the company they are today.
What’s actually changing?
– Each box of Bigelow Tea has one of 9 unique family stories on the top. These stories share important, surprisingly fun facts about the company’s heritage and values.
– The Bigelow Tea logo is now easier to read and speaks to their American, family owned company history.
– Bigelow Tea is making sure their teas are easier to find, easier to share and easier to understand.
– They’re sharing more about their recipes and the ingredients that make them so tasty.
– They’re telling consumers about their commitment to quality in everything they do: flavor, freshness, packaging and ingredients.
– On the bottom of the box, they are telling consumers the name of the Bigelow employee who packed that box, and they’ve also made the “best by” date easier to read.
– A convenient tuck tab makes it easier to open and close the new, sleekly designed box.
Frequently Asked Questions About the New Bigelow Tea Package Makeover
What’s NOT changing?
– Are the flavors different? Nope!
– Did the ingredients change? No way!
– Is the number of tea bags in each box different? Definitely not.
– Do I get the same amount of tea in each box/bag? Absolutely!
– Is pricing different? Only by a little bit. It’s been years since the company took a price increase and the price increase is actually a result of increased cost of ingredients and raw materials.
The instructions say “no squeezing, please.” Why not?
There’s no need! A common myth is that you have to squeeze the tea bag to get the flavor out of your tea, but it’s not necessary at all. (In fact, squeezing the tea bag will only put bitter tannins into the cup – yuck!) Why get your fingers wet if you don’t have to?!
Why did you remove the nutrition panel/facts?
Because Bigelow Tea offers a naturally calorie-free, fat-free and sugar-free beverage, they aren’t required to put nutrition information on their boxes. However, all of that information is available on their website or by calling their Customer Service team.
Did someone buy the company out?
Definitely not! Since Ruth Campbell Bigelow started Bigelow in 1945, they have been – and continue to be – 100% family-owned and operated.
Did the box just become recyclable?
Nope! The Bigelow Tea boxes (as well as the strings, tags, and tea bags) have been recyclable since before the packaging refresh. It’s important to them that their consumers know they’re doing their part, and that they’re encouraging us to do the same.
What does the new logo say/mean?
The new Bigelow Tea logo, which states “American Classic” and “Family Tea Blenders Since 1945” pays homage to their heritage as an American, family-owned company – two attributes of which they are very proud.
Is the foil pouch new?
Nope! Because tea leaf is a left, if not correctly protected, it can absorb whatever is around it – from air and moisture to surrounding aromas. They’ve used their special foil pouches to ensure that their tea stays completely pristine, fresh and flavorful.
I don’t know about you, but I love the new package design. It is more pleasing to the eye and gives me the feeling like when I open up the foil packet and breathe in the fresh aroma, I know I will be drinking the best tea out there and pampering myself at the time. With the new design and makeover, I am encouraged to give my kitchen a new makeover and have started organizing my pantry and shelves. We’ll see how that goes! Be sure to visit the Bigelow Tea Pinterest Board for more inspiration.
What do you like about the new look of Bigelow Tea?
What is your favorite Bigelow Tea flavor?