Pepperoni Pizza Braid – A Kid-Friendly and Easy Weeknight Dinner!
It’s back-to-school time and the kids are still adjusting to the new schedule and activities. With physical activity, reading, writing, and homework, the kids are super hungry by the time dinner rolls around. There are some nights when we just need a meal that is yummy, easy to prepare and budget-friendly! That’s where Pillsbury Pizza Crust comes into play.
Our kids love pizza, especially Pepperoni Pizza, so I decided to change things up a little bit and bake a Pepperoni Pizza Braid. The other day, I headed to the store and purchased Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust. I also purchased Pepperoni Slices, Pizza Sauce, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded Parmesan Cheese and Garlic Butter Spread. I was really excited to be making my very first Pizza Braid!
Making the Pizza Braid had its challenging moments, but was overall a fun and easy experience, ending with a yummy dish that made our whole house smell inviting! The Pizza Braid was full of flavor and definitely a more-ish food (meaning you want more and more).
- - Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- - 30 Pepperoni Slices (or more dependent on how much you want in your braid)
- - Pizza Sauce
- - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- - Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- - Garlic Butter Spread (you can find this in your store's bakery - they use it on their garlic bread)
- - Olive Oil
- 1 - Grease cookie sheet. Press Pillsbury Pizza Crust down so it forms a rectangular shape. Fold up the ends.
- 2 - Spread Garlic Butter over middle of pizza dough.
- 3 - Spread Pizza Sauce over layer of Garlic Butter.
- 4 - Add Pepperoni Slices.
- 5 - Add shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- 6 - Add shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- 7 - Clip sides of pizza dough - these will form the braid.
- 8 - Roll the ends so they prevent filling from leaking out. Fold cut pieces over to the middle and squeeze ends together. This creates the braided look.
- 9 - Once the braid is complete, brush slight amount of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- 10 - Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- 11 - Let cool and then serve up. Enjoy!
– If you have a child (like we do) who prefers just cheese over pepperoni, simply omit the meat in a portion of the braid.
– Work with the Pizza Dough immediately after taking it out of the refrigerator. It is easiest to work with if it’s cold rather than sitting on the counter for any period of time.
– Use either olive oil or egg yolk on the top of the braid to help turn it a beautiful golden color when baking.
– Mix it up and add in your favorite sauce (white or red) and toppings!
Pizza crust that’s deliciously easy! Unroll, bake and enjoy in minutes. Pillsbury pizza crust, it’s the perfect canvas for your favorite toppings.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.