Bigelow Tea Event in Charleston, South Carolina + Giveaway
About a month ago, I had the opportunity to travel to Charleston, South Carolina with Bigelow Tea – one of my all-time favorite brands of tea. South Carolina was one place I had not yet been to, but I was really looking forward to meeting online friends, business associates and the Bigelow Tea family! On the trip, I was able to bring with me one of my dear friends from California, who is also now a contributor on The Mommy-Files – Caroline.
Caroline and I actually departed in the evening and arrived the next morning. Red-eye flights are totally the way to go when you aren’t traveling with kids! We took two different flights to get to Charleston and when we got there, it was humid, but beautiful. A driver met us at the baggage claim with a sign that read “Gosney” and was ready to drive us to the Palmer House (more on this adorable Bed & Breakfast in a separate post). He was so sweet and funny! What a great way to start the trip!
We were some of the first bloggers to arrive at the event, but we had a great time waiting for our room to be prepared. We had the chance to really get to know the coordinator of the Bigelow Tea Event, as well as enjoy a few cups of Bigelow Tea. We even got to pick out our own flavor tea from a beautiful Bigelow Tea chest. As soon as I saw, I knew I wanted to own one just like it. So you can imagine how excited I was to receive one as a gift from the Bigelow Family as a thank you for attending the event!
One of my favorite parts of the event was the Tea Tasting Session with Cyndi Bigelow. The session started with learning a little about the background and history of tea and then we moved into the tea tasting portion of it. On the table was laid out a variety of brands with one specific flavor to try. For instance, first we tried the Chamomile flavor; then the black tea; and then a variety of other flavors.
The cups were lined up in a row and we each had two teaspoons (one in each hand). Bigelow Tea was the first brand, followed by a variety of other brands. With the first teaspoon, we would spoon a small amount of hot tea into the second spoon and then slurp (loudly – I’m not even kidding) the tea. It was amazing how much taste and flavor we got from slurping the tea! Plus it was messy and fun to do! I did have a tough time with the first few flavors, but I think I had made progress by the end of the tea tasting.
We were all laughing and commenting on the flavors of the different brands of tea. Let me tell you – there is DEFINITELY a difference between Bigelow Tea and other brands out there. The cups filled with Bigelow Tea were full of flavor and had an amazing aroma to them. Every sip was like taking a sip of heaven!
To celebrate the awesomeness of Bigelow Tea and this Blogger Event, I’ve been provided with one Bigelow Tea Chest to give away to one lucky winner on The Mommy-Files!
WIN IT!!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment if you have ever tasted Bigelow Tea before and what your flavor is. If you haven’t, what flavor would you like to try first?
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Bigelow Tea on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Bigelow Tea on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Instagram – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 2 ENTRIES per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 12:00 p.m. PST on August 3rd, 2013! Any entries after this time will be disqualified!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.