Summer is Here, So Stay Cool and Avoid Headaches with Excedrin + Giveaway
Can you believe the summer is already here? Record highs are sweeping the nation and with the heat come headaches. Headaches are not only uncomfortable, but they make it harder to perform the daily tasks we need to do! So, how can we reduce those unwelcome headaches during the summer months? Fitness Expert, Kathy Kaehler has some great tips on how to do this.
– Exercise. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress, release endorphins and feel great about yourself. However, be careful when exercising during the summer. The combination of exercise and heat increases your core body temperature and decreases the blood circulation to the muscles you’re using. Because of this strain and potential dehydration, you may get headaches more frequently.
– Weather. You can’t always control the weather, but there are plenty of triggers you can easily keep in check by understanding what they are and how to combat them.
– Headache Triggers. Here are some headache triggers you might run into while exercising in the warm weather, along with some tips to stay cool and keep these triggers at bay:’
- Be Flexible with Your Routine: Exercise in the morning instead of on hot afternoons. Stay indoors when humidity is high instead of working out outside. During the hot summer months, wear thin, breathable clothes while exercising outdoors and test out classes in a gym as opposed to outdoor workouts.
- Dehydration: Be sure to stay hydrated by drinking water before, during and after your workout. Try to refrain from drinking beverages that leave you parched, such as soda and excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol. After your workout, moisturize your skin to keep your whole body hydrated.
- Light: Wear sunglasses or a baseball cap when exercising outside. Take frequent breaks in the shade or in cooler areas. Try not to embark on that 10-mile run on the hot asphalt during the brightest (and most scorching) part of the day, when light is reflecting at you from all angles.
– Excedrin. You can’t always avoid my headaches, especially during the summer, but when you do get one, be sure to take Excedrin® Extra Strength to help you get back on track.
Excedrin® is a trusted brand with more than 50 years’ experience providing effective headache relief. Excedrin® Extra Strength is a combination pain reliever – acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine – that provides temporary relief of headaches. Use only as directed.
1 lucky winner on The Mommy-Files will win a summer prize pack from Excedrin!
The giveaway prize pack will include:
– Branded gym/beach bag: With compartments for water bottles, towels and all types of gear, this versatile bag is perfect for use at the gym or on the beach.
– REI MultiTowel: Weighing just 1.1 ounces, this Excedrin-green multi-use towel is perfect for post-workout use on the hottest summer days. It’s extremely portable and comes with a lightweight travel case.
– Halo II Pullover Headband: Designed for use during exercise in all weather conditions, these unisex adjustable headbands wick moisture and channel sweat away from the eyes and face.
– Squeeze Breeze Water Misting Fan: Small, portable and will keep you cool anywhere.
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what your favorite tip for reducing headaches during the summer is!!!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Excedrin on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Instagram – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 2 ENTRIES per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 6th, 2013! Any entries after this time will be disqualified!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.