App Review: Tophatter – The World’s Most Entertaining Live Marketplace
This is a sponsored post from our friends at Tophatter. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
I’ve had an iPhone for over a year now and find myself using and enjoying a variety of apps on a regular basis. Recently, I was introduced to the Tophatter App, part of the world’s most entertaining live marketplace. The app was launched on the iPhone and iPad in January and is a Featured App in the App Store.
What is so special about the Tophatter App? Tophatter is the first app to combine e-commerce with a live social experience. The app’s real-time features create a dynamic, social auction environment where users can chat, discover and bid on items no matter where they are. Items range from craft supplies to jewelry, and gourmet food to antiques. Tophatter recreates the excitement and energy of live auctions, but with the 24/7 convenience of virtual shopping. A typical auction room has hundreds of attendees and each item takes 2 to 3 minutes to auction off with the seller there to answer questions in real time.
“Tophatter brings the fun and energy of live auctions to people anywhere, anytime,” said Ashvin Kumar, CEO and co-founder. “Now users can hop into an auction room, interact with other shoppers and the seller in real-time, and bid from everywhere.”
Tophatter sellers include artisan craftsmen, retailers, professional sellers and individuals who put items up for sale to the highest bidder with no reserve prices. Tophatter’s live auctions run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So, what does the Tophatter App include? Check it out:
– Facebook Integration – Users don’t have to leave the app to log in through Facebook
– Mobile and Online Integration – Buyers and sellers can seamlessly shift between the app and the website, with all auctions and features synced in real-time.
– Optimization for iPhone 5 and new iPod Touch Display – Taking advantage of the large, 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and new iPod touch, Tophatter has designed the app to allow users to view lots coming up on the auction block without leaving the live auction.
– Immediate Browsing – Tophatter enables newcomers to the app to view lots and attend auctions without first registering or logging in.
– Push Notifications – Shoppers can set reminders to alert them when items they’re interested in are about to go on the auction.
– Payments – Users can send payments through PayPal to the seller when an item is won.
I love how easy the Tophatter App is to use and that you can be notified when an item you’re looking at goes on auction. I also appreciate any service that allows you to pay using Paypal. What do you like about the Tophatter App?