Talk About It Tuesday – Yucky Foods!

In Lifestyle
March 19, 2013

mommyfilesFB button Talk About It Tuesday_edited-1

I have really had an itch to get to know my readers and other bloggers in the blogosphere.  So, what better way than to start a weekly question to generate some fun conversation and get to know one another in the process, right?  Ok, so here we go.

This past week, I wrote an article entitled, “5 Tips on Feeding Picky Eaters.”  I myself have foods I WON’T eat!  I tried them as a kid and didn’t like them, and tried them as an adult and STILL didn’t like them.  One food in particular for me is Cooked Carrots (ugh..makes me feel queasy thinking about it)!

What is a food that you don’t like or won’t eat at all?  Did it start as a child or as an adult?  If as a child, have you tried it again as an adult?

Shannon Gosney is the author of The Mommy-Files, a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. With 3 active boys, Shannon loves living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.

6 Responses to “Talk About It Tuesday – Yucky Foods!”

1. Christina rumble says:

fish is one food i can’t eat because of the smell and the texter. I didn’t like it as a kid I only ate tuna fish which I know it’s bad when I was pregnant but as an adult I still can’t eat it.

2. melanie shepherd says:

Brussel sprouts i have hated them as a kid and still do.as an adult.

3. ellen beck says:

There isnt a whole lot I wont eat. I do have to say that I dont care for runny egg yolks though and I know I used to eat eggs over easy. Now they hvae to be cookedd through.

4. mel says:

I don’t have much I won’t eat, but my daughter, will not for life of me, even try an avocado. I think it is a texture issue for her! My son will not eat ice cream- he hates it! He is a strange one!

5. Tammy S says:

I won’t eat beets. I can not stand them. I remember as a kid my mom trying to force us kids to eat them. My dad said fine if you won’t eat them then go to your room. all 4 of us got up and went to our rooms. LOL They never made beets for us again after that. 🙂

6. caroline schaffer says:

Anchovies! My mom will eat them straight from the can. EWWWWW! I like most foods, however, I’m amazed that my 5 year old twins refuse to eat mac & cheese, quesadillas, and grilled cheese.