The California Wine Club – Perfect for the Holidays + $50 Gift Certificate Giveaway
Frank and I live on the Central Coast, which is known to many as wine country. Believe it or not, it wasn’t until recently that I started drinking wine and I love all of the different flavors and varieties. Wine is great for all sorts of occasions – gatherings with family and friends, media events, holiday parties, even the occasional glass when you’re winding down after a hard day’s work or spending time with someone you love. I was really excited to participate in a special opportunity with The California Wine Club!
Have you ever heard of The California Wine Club? Since 1990, the owners The California Wine Club, Bruce and Pam Boring, have traveled California’s wine country searching for limited-production wines from small, family-owned wineries dedicated to the art of making fine wine. Whether for yourself or a gift, CWC membership is an adventure in wine tasting that will not be experienced anywhere else. Bruce and Pam journey not only to Napa and Sonoma, but to less-explored wine regions like Santa Barbara, Monterey, the Sierra Foothills and beyond.
With The California Wine Club, you’ll discover wines that never travel beyond their local markets and private customer lists. More than three-quarters of California’s 3,500+ wineries are small, boutique, mom-and-pop operations and with The California Wine Club, you’ll have a chance to discover those amazing wines!
I don’t know about you, but it can pretty overwhelming to walk into a store, browse the wine section and try to choose a bottle or two that really tastes good. Like in social media, we rely on word-of-mouth – what our friends think about the different wines. With The California Wine Club, every wine is 100% guaranteed and you can cancel your membership at any time!
For this campaign, we will receive two shipments with different varieties. I was excited when our first shipment arrived. Keep in mind that an adult over 21 must sign for the package since it contains alcohol. However, the delivery service they use is awesome and will deliver it at your convenience (blocks of hours are available to choose from if you come home and find a tag indicating the delivery was attempted but nobody was home).
In our first package, we received a white wine and a red wine, both from the Robledo Family Winery. The white wine was a 2008 “Seven Brothers” Sauvignon Blanc from Lake County and the red wine was a 2009 “Seven Brothers” Tempranillo from Napa Valley. Both Frank and I agree that they were AMAZING!!!
The 2009 “Seven Brothers” Tempranillo has a bright ruby color with heavy aromas of cranberry, blackberry, cinnamon, spice and toasted oak. The food pairing suggested for the Tempranillo is with seafood paella, grilled vegetables or chicken enchiladas. It is also really good just by itself!
With the 2008 “Seven Brothers” Sauvignon Blanc, you’ll notice the aromas of honeysuckle and mango. On the palate are notes of green tea, citrus and lemongrass. The food pairing suggested for the Sauvignon Blanc is ahi tuna, fresh oysters or a light salad. It is, like the red wine, also really good by itself!
If you’re looking for a holiday gift to give this season, or even to sign up for yourself, we highly recommend The California Wine Club!!! I know I personally would be thrilled to receive a one-year membership to the club! Be sure to sign up today at http://www.cawineclub.com/.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will receive a $50 gift certificate to The California Wine Club!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which you like better – red or white wine?
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The California Wine Club on on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway (#Butterball #TheMommyFiles)– 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of The California Wine Club on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, November 26th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 21 or older. Excludes delivery to Utah.
This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.
I received a 2-month Membership to the California Wine Club for the purpose of this review.