A Halloween Treat – Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream + Giveaway
From ghouls and goblins to haunted hay rides, the festivities of Halloween are just around the corner. How do you celebrated this haunted holiday? For our family, we like to pick out our pumpkins, carve our pumpkins, dress up in costumes, and go out trick-or-treating on Halloween night. Well, this year, we can add a new activity to our list and it involves Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream!
Whether you’re hosting a party, carving pumpkins or looking for a fun Halloween activity to do with your kids, Dreyer’s Slow Churned Light Ice Cream is the perfect addition to your celebration. With the limited-edition Pumpkin flavor on store shelves, it’s guaranteed to be a “bone-chilling” treat. Plus, Slow Churned is half the fat and a third fewer calories than regular ice cream, making this indulgence guilt-free.
Here are some facts about the Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream:
– Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream is a limited edition flavor that will be on store shelves through December.
– Slow Churned is all the yum, but half the fat and a third fewer calories than regular ice cream.
– Dreyer’s is the brand name west of the Rockies, while Edy’s is the brand name east of the Rockies.
Here is a fun recipe for you and your family this Halloween! You can find more fun recipes at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
Witch Hats are the perfect solution when you are looking for a treat to bring to that Halloween party or special gift for your favorite ghoul or goblin. Using Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Light Ice Cream to pay homage to this spooktakular holiday – sugar cones can be frosted, decorated and filled with scoops of ice cream to make these deliciously cute witch hats.
24 sugar ice cream cones
1 container (16 oz.) prepared chocolate frosting (divided) Assorted Halloween decorator sugars and sprinkles Assorted decorator icings (optional)
LINE large baking sheet with sides with wax paper. With a small spatula or butter knife, spread a thin layer of frosting on each cone. Place frosted cones on baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugars and sprinkles. Let stand for 1 hour to allow frosting to set.
SCOOP into Limited-Edition Dreyer’s Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream to fill your cone to your ghoul’s desire!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Dreyer’s Prize Pack, including the following:
– 3 product coupons for free cartons of ice cream
– Pumpkin shaped ice cream bowl
– Orange ice cream scoop
– Spooky spatulas
– Pumpkin carving kit
– All the goodies needed to create your own “witch hats” at home
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment your favorite flavor of Dreyer’s or Edy’s Slow Churned Ice Cream.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Dreyer’s on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Edy’s on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 28th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. or Canada residents only.
I received a prize pack from Dreyer’s / Edy’s to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Dreyer’s / Edy’s.
All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.