Amazing World Game + Giveaway
My boys and I love video games! Whether they are on the Wii, the iPhone, or on the computer. Gaming is not only fun, but can also have positive effects on children. Gaming can improve cognitive skills, social norms and the ability to advance problem solving skills, as well as use one’s imagination. Gaming can also teach children how to use new technology, one of the necessary abilities to have in many of today’s jobs. An article in USA TODAY said, “Parents, don’t put away those video games just yet – today’s gamer may be tomorrow’s top surgeon.” Another article found on Slashdot talks about “a report about a study sponsored by the MacArthur Foundation which found that online gaming and social networking are beneficial to children, teaching them basic technical skills and how to communicate in the Information Age.” Another article online says, “A growing body of university research suggest that gaming improves creativity, decision-making and perception.” While gaming can be fun, it should be done in moderation and the type of games should be filtered by parents.
Ganz Studios has recently launched a new 3D virtual world called “Amazing World.” In this game, players can discover, create, and make new friends in a controlled environment. Amazing World is free-to-play! In Amazing World, you’ll meet a cast of whimsical characters, taken on hundreds of exciting adventures and challenges, or choose to wander freely through a kaleidoscope of colorful settings and meet new friends.
Let’s set the scene. The journey begins by registering a Zing, the energetic and lovable Amazing World inhabitants. Zings can be named, customized and can accept challenges from a number of zany hosts. Completing challenges will award players with great prizes, which can be sent back to your home zone, a place where you can create your very own Amazing World.
Amazing World is fun for kids because it incorporates play patterns that kids love! Players can care for their Zings, chat with friends in a controlled environment, complete missions, collect prizes, and customize virtual homes and their avatars (Zings). What are Zings you ask? Zings are the energetic and lovable Amazing World inhabitants. Zings can be named, customized, and can complete challenges from a number of zany hosts.
Not only is Amazing World a game, but it’s a place where you can register your Amazing World plush toy or figure (aka Zings). You’ll see your favorite characters come to life within the game, plus they come complete with exclusive prizes.
Like I mentioned earlier, you can play Amazing World for free. A trial account is available, where you can create for free after downloading Amazing World at www.amazingworld.com. This account lets you try out almost everything Amazing World has to offer for free. Your account will never expire, which means that playing in Amazing World is free as long as you would like without purchasing an additional subscription. While the trial account is free, there are a few limitations. The limitations include a maximum level cap at level 20; a limit of 4 friends to your friends list; access to only 4 Amazing World hosts; and limited access to items and what you can buy in the World Shop.
To access all of the features of Amazing World, you can purchase a subscription. Memberships function on a subscription basis where you can enjoy full access to Amazing World for the duration of time that you have paid for. You can currently purchase the following Amazing World subscriptions:
– 3 months for $23.85 ($7.95/month)
– 6 months for $39.90 ($6.65/month)
– 1 year for $60.00 ($5.00/month)
The benefits of becoming an Amazing World subscriber include the following:
– A maximum level cap at level 50;
– Unlimited friends on your friends list;
– Access to all online hosts and their storylines;
– Access to all items within the game;
– Cool unique quest prizes;
– Access to all 6 wardrobe outfits;
– Immediate access to all of the new features of Amazing World as soon as they are released.
1 lucky winner on The Mommy-Files will win 2 Amazing World Toys!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell the world about Amazing World! Simply tweet about Amazing World for a chance to win 2 Amazing World Toys. Tweet the following: “Come discover & explore @AmazingWorld, a new free-to-play 3D virtual world full of challenges & fun! #AmazingWorldGame @themommyfiles” Be sure to leave your Tweet URL in the comment below.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Amazing World on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Amazing World on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 8:59 p.m. PST on Friday, August 24th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
This was a compensated post as part of the Amazing World campaign with Global Influence. The giveaway is sponsored by Global Influence and Amazing World. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.