Learning to Play the Guitar on The Mommy-Files – Video 3

In Guitar
November 22, 2011

This is my 3rd video (video 2 coming soon), showing my progress in learning the guitar – it’s been about a week. I learned the 4 step pattern and 3 chords – A, C, and D. However, it wasn’t until after that I figured out the open notes, which you’ll hear on the video is a little off because I played all the notes – live and learn, right? LOL This is part of the experience of learning with me as we go along. 🙂 I also attempt to play and sing “Chasing Cars” by the Snow Patrol. Like Mike told me, when you’re playing, sing….even if you suck! Well, here’s to trying!

Shannon Gosney is the author of The Mommy-Files, a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. With 3 active boys, Shannon loves living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.

6 Responses to “Learning to Play the Guitar on The Mommy-Files – Video 3”

1. Rosey says:

Woo hoo, you’re doing great!!

2. Rebecca G says:

That’s awesome, Shannon! You’ve learned a lot in a week. I also want to learn to play something musical and don’t have room for a piano – so I was thinking of guitar, too. You may have motivated me to go out and buy one – any tips in purchasing your first acoustic? Please keep posting your videos!

Happy Holidays!
    Becky

3. Elena says:

You are doing great!

4. DEBBIE STANTON says:

You sing amazingly!! Keep it up

5. Amy says:

That´s great! Perseverance is the key…!! I started taking guitar lessons when I was twelve and I still remember how hard it was back then, especially the barre chords, I just thought it´d be impossible to eventually do them without blocking strings and changing at an acceptable pace…!!! And you sing very good, unlike me 🙂 Keep on going!!!!

6. ellen says:

Gosh I haven’t played in years… I miss music. My guitar is sitting in the attic and my excuse is I broke the E string. Keep playing!