Candy Cane Blossoms and Hershey’s Cookie Exchange Giveaway
ILOVE Hershey’s and was excited to make my first batch of Candy Cane Blossoms this year. They turned out so pretty and were super easy to make! Not to mention the fact that they taste really good as well.
This holiday season, The Hershey Company offered baking enthusiasts a sweet opportunity to host one of 1,000 Hershey’s Cookie Exchange Holiday Parties. All of the holiday hosts and bakers were also invited to visit the new HersheysCookies.com site to share delicious cookie recipes and photos with each other, as well as find tasty cookie recipes and cookie exchange tips from Hershey’s Kitchens. To sweeten their baking efforts, each person who visits the site up through January 15th can also enter the Bake Share and Win promotion, which will reward one lucky grand prize winner with the ultimate baking gift – a kitchen makeover for themselves and for a friend.
“HersheysCookies.com is the ultimate resource for holiday hosts this year,” said baking expert Linda Stahl, Hershey’s Kitchens. “Not only can visitors apply to host a fun cookie exchange party or enter to win a kitchen makeover, we’ve also created a community where holiday entertaining enthusiasts can: find and share recipes, connect about holiday baking traditions and be rewarded for their efforts to create holiday memories for friends and family through baking.”
HersheysCookies.com: The Ultimate Baking Resource
Let Hershey help plan your party this holiday season. Linda Stahl, baking expert at Hershey’s Kitchens, will share her advice through a blog inspired by her years of expertise as a baker and her personal experiences as a mother, grandmother and home entertainer. In addition to Linda’s blog, Hershey’s Kitchens recipes and cookie exchange tips, HersheysCookies.com provides holiday hosts the opportunity to share their own favorite recipes and photos with each other. The combination of Hershey’s knowledge and the extensive consumer experience available makes the site the ultimate destination for cookie exchange enthusiasts, nationwide.
Plus, who can host a cookie exchange without classics like Peanut Butter Blossoms – the rich peanut butter cookie topped with a single Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolate? The site abounds with recipes featuring must-have baking ingredients including Hershey’s Kisses Brand Chocolates, Hershey’s Cocoa, Hershey’s Syrup and Hershey’s Baking Chips. In addition to the classic recipes that have become a part of many holiday traditions, HersheysCookies.com also features new favorites including Reese’s Chewy Chocolate Cookies, the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter and Chocolate Dipped Toffee Bits Cookies – a cookie dipped in melted Hershey’s Mini Kisses Milk Chocolates for an extra chocolate finish.
Bake Share and Win Promotion
‘Tis the season for sharing and Hershey understands it’s nice to both give and to receive! This year, each person who visits HersheysCookies.com can enter the Bake Share and Win promotion. Entrants have the chance to win a grand prize of two (2) $10,000 kitchen makeovers and 10 runners-up will receive two premium standing mixers. With each prize awarded as a set, the winners can keep one and share another as a gift for a friend! Consumers can visit HersheysCookies.com now through January 15, 2011 for a chance to enter.
Hershey’s Kisses Brand Chocolates
– For more than 100 years, Hershey’s Kisses Brand Chocolates have been an essential ingredient in holiday baking. From classic milk chocolate to seasonal flavors, Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates are every bakers holiday staple.
– Classic recipes, like the Peanut Butter Blossoms, wouldn’t be possible without a Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate adorning the top of the rich peanut butter cookie.
– Varieties available year-round: Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate, Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds, Hershey’s Kisses filled with Caramel, Hershey’s Kisses Special Dark Chocolate, Hershey’s Hugs and Hershey’s Kisses Meltaway Milk Chocolate.
– Seasonal and limited-edition flavors are available during the holidays, including the popular Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies, Hershey’s Kisses Mint Truffle wrapped in Dark Chocolate and Hershey’s Kisses filled with Cherry Cordial Creme.
– A baking and pantry staple for more than 100 years. Hershey’s Cocoa is available in two varieties – 100 percent natural unsweetened and Natural Special Dark, a unique blend of dutch, processed cocoa and natural cocoa.
– Hershey’s Cocoa delivers a rich, chocolate flavor to any recipe and is featured in a variety of Hershey’s cookies, including the indulgent Cocoa Crinkle Cookies and Kisses Cocoa Cookies, a chocolate, bite-size cookie that’s filled with a Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate.
– Add a little Hershey’s with Hershey’s Baking Chips to make delicious cookies this season such as Reese’s Chewy Chocolate Cookies or Chocolate Chip n’ Oatmeal Cookies.
– Available varieties include: Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips, Hershey’s Butterscotch Chips, Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips, Heath Bits ‘o Brickle Toffee Bits, Heath English Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits, Hershey’s Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolates, Mini Kisses Milk Chocolates, Hershey’s Mint Chocolate Chips, Hershey’s Premier White Chips, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, Special Dark Chips, Mini Reese’s Pieces for Baking and Hershey’s Sugar Free Baking Chips.
– Created for use by bakers, restaurants and soda fountains, the popularity of Hershey’s Syrup as a delightful treat and baking ingredient proves it’s a must-have for the pantry.
– Available varieties include: Hershey’s Genuine Chocolate Syrup, Hershey’s Caramel Syrup, Hershey’s Special Dark Syrup, Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup, Whoppers Chocolate Malt Syrup, Hershey’s Sugar Free Syrup, Hershey’s Lite Syrup and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup with Calcium.
– In addition to the 24 and 48 ounce squeeze bottles, Hershey’s Syrup is available in a 16 ounce can, the same packaging at its launch in 1928! The can is extremely popular with bakers and equals exactly one and a half cups of syrup.
– Hershey’s Syrup is perfect for topping holiday cakes and desserts and is used in classic recipes such as Chocolate Chip Paisley Blondies.
48 Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar, or powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Cookie Exchange Prize Pack, including a Hershey’s Apron, a box of Hershey’s Baking Cocoa, Hershey’s Baking Chips, and Hershey’s Kisses!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit HersheysCookies.com and tell me another cookie recipe you’d love to try!!!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, December 30th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a product sample from The Hershey Company to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by The Hershey Company. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.