Thanksgiving Butterball Turkey Giveaway
Growing up, we had Butterball Turkeys every year at Thanksgiving. To this day, I still think that Butterball turkeys have the most flavor of the turkeys out there and cook up beautifully! This year, I was happy to have the opportunity to purchase a Butterball turkey and continue in the tradition of serving up a juicy, golden brown turkey to my family and guests! Along with the turkey, we’ll be serving up homemade mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, and pumpkin pie. Yummy! It’s making me hungry just thinking about it!
Butterball asked me to share a favorite memory or Thanksgiving blooper on The Mommy-Files and I am excited to do so! The first memory I want to share is when I was in elementary school and I decided that I wanted to take on the task of making the pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving dessert. Now, I’m sure the pumpkin pies would have been fabulous…..had I remembered the sugar! Dangit! They tasted horrible and we had no homemade dessert to serve up after our grand turkey dinner! However, we did have some ice cream in the freezer, which nobody seemed to mind. I’ll tell ya, I never forgot the sugar again and always followed the ingredient list from top to bottom with any other pumpkin pies I made in the future. I haven’t messed up one since – knock on wood!
The second favorite memory I had was when I was pregnant (with Dallen I believe) and I decided to give my parents a Thanksgiving Dinner for their Christmas present that year. I cooked the turkey, made all of the side dishes, and served up a most delicious Thanksgiving meal…..and it was the first Thanksgiving meal I had ever made completely by myself! I was so tired afterwards!!!
Be sure to purchase your Butterball Thanksgiving Turkey this year! Butterball Turkeys are available at your local grocery store.
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will each receive a $15 gift certificate good towards a Butterball Turkey of choice!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment a favorite Thanksgiving recipe, blooper, or memory you have!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Butterball on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, November 14th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a sample from Butterball to facilitate this review on The Mommy-Files. The giveaway was sponsored by Butterball. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.