Erica Silverman Children’s Halloween Books Review & Giveaway
I had the opportunity to review some fun children’s Halloween books by Erica Silverman. I received Big Pumpkin and The Halloween House! My boys really enjoyed hearing me read the books to them. The books are fun and include pumpkins, ghosts, witches, skeletons, bats, and more fun Halloween items! Plus, I love the artwork in both of the books!
Big Pumpkin was a good one and reminds me of times I was at the pumpkin patch trying to break the pumpkin off the vine! The summary of the book reads: “The witch has grown the biggest pumpkin ever, and now she wants to make herself a pumpkin pie for Halloween. But the pumpkin is so big she can’t get it off the vine.
It’s so big the ghost can’t move it, either. Neither can the vampire, nor the mummy. It looks as if there’ll be no pumpkin pie for Halloween, until along comes the bat with an idea to save the day. How can the tiny bat succeed where bigger and strong spooky creatures have failed? You’ll be surprised!”
The Halloween House is another fun Halloween children’s book! The summary of the book reads: “Little do two escaped convicts seeking refuge know that they’re about to encounter these werewolves and nine other creepy creatures, all ready for their Halloween haunt. The night is long, and the crack of dawn finds the lawbreakers making a beeline for the safety of their cell. Erica Silverman’s spooks might upset Jon Agee’s cons, but they’re sure to enchant all young Halloween lovers. The sparkling verse is matched by pictures that are an irresistible combination of skill and wit.”
Thanks to Erica Silverman, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a signed copy of both Big Pumpkin and The Halloween House!!!
WIN IT!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win these books!
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any “GENERAL” post – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on October 15th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received “Big Pumpkin” and “The Halloween House” from Erica Silverman so that I could write an honest review.