Our Wedding: Finding My Veil

In Recent Posts
May 28, 2014

IMG 7417 Our Wedding: Finding My Veil

Nine months from today, Frank and I will be getting married – woo hoo!  I can’t believe how quickly time is flying by!  If you’re following my Wedding Wednesday posts, you know that I found my dress, but I haven’t shared with you about the gorgeous veil I found to go with it.  It is beautiful and a little more than I planned on spending, but when I saw it, I knew it was the one!

IMG 7418 Our Wedding: Finding My Veil

When I first started looking for a veil, I figured I would spend about $30 or $40 for one.  Boy was I way out of the general price range of your average veil!  I fell in love with this veil and the beading on it.  It is going to be gorgeous with my wedding dress!  It cost over $100, but was totally worth it!  I can’t wait to see what it looks like with my altered wedding dress and my hair done on our wedding day!

pinit fg en rect red 28 Our Wedding: Finding My Veil

Shannon Gosney is the author of The Mommy-Files, a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. Shannon and her fiancé, Frank, have a large family with 6 awesome kids and love living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling, fashion, beauty, technology, wedding ideas and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.

14 Responses to “Our Wedding: Finding My Veil”

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

It;s very pretty. I got married in Vegas, so there was nothing traditional about my wedding ;)

2. Wendy says:

What a LOVELY veil! I think its’ worth spending a little more on a veil because it’s going to frame your face,and it will be in every photo. And, lets face it, the veil really makes you feel like a bride!

3. Patty says:

Everything ends up costing more than you expect. I remember back in the dark ages when I got married I wore a Juliette cap – which I hated but my mother loved. Oy. I look at my wedding pictures and think – god I hate that hat. Heh.

It’s good you have found a veil you love for a dress that also fell in love with. Congratulations.

4. Rebecca Swenor says:

First congrats on the engagement. Second this is a gorgeous veil and they can be very pricey.

5. April says:

Such a pretty veil! Wow, that is a bit of money but like you said it is beautiful. My veil was handmade and cost about $10 but didn’t have fancy beading at the end. Have fun getting all the things for your wedding–it goes by too quickly!

6. Rosey says:

I’m glad you found the one that you know without a doubt is the right one. And now I’m headed over to see the dress! :)

7. That veil sticker shock will really get you, right?! It looks gorgeous though!

8. katrina G says:

i remember shopping for my wedding stuff. It was so much fun. The place I went to made everyone feel very special.

9. lisa jones says:

Love the veil, congratulations to you & your boyfriend!

10. Jenn says:

Congrats!!! The veil is so beautiful! I love the detail. When is the big day?

11. Lisa says:

Great find and it’s beautiful. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

12. Shell Feis says:

It’s beautiful! I wasn’t planning on wearing a veil, but then I fell in love with one. Mine was expensive too so I wore it the whole night to get some use out of it. :)

13. Lorie Shewbridge says:

It’s gorgeous. I, too love the pearls and crystals.

14. […] 6 months away, I am so excited about the upcoming Big Day!  Heck, I have my wedding gown, my veil, my shoes and now my wedding jewelry.  I even have a few wedding outfits planned for our […]