Every year in our home, we celebrate Thanksgiving as a family and part of the celebration involves a delicious dinner. We include stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a Butterball Turkey. Of all the brands available, Butterball is my favorite!
I remember being a little girl and going to the store with my mom. There were so many turkeys to choose from, but she said that we always buy Butterball! Nothing compares to the tender and juicy taste of a Butterball turkey. Gosh, just thinking about the golden and juicy Butterball turkey makes my mouth water!
This holiday season, we’re going to be celebrating again with a Butterball turkey, but there are some new developments that will make the holiday a little better! A Butterball Cookbook Plus app is now available to help families prepare early for their Thanksgiving meal. In the Butterball Cookbook Plus app, you’ll find recipes, a meal builder, and a store section. My favorite part of the app was the “Info” section. In this section, you’ll find a section with Conversions, Substitutions, a Shopping List, Timers, How-To Videos, Articles, and an About section. The app retails for $4.99.
This Thursday, November 15th is Golden Thursday – the Black Friday of Thanksgiving and to celebrate, we’re giving away two vouchers – each good for $20 towards a Butterball turkey purchase! But first, here are a few of our own golden rules of Thanksgiving.
1 – Prepare a menu about a week ahead, to ensure you have a list of all necessary ingredients for your feast.
2 – Shop for your ingredients at least five days before Thanksgiving. Nothing is worse than running out of an ingredient when you’re cooking, heading to the grocery store, and finding the store all sold out of the item you need!
3 – Buy a Butterball Turkey and put in your refrigerator to thaw – at least one day for every 4 pounds of turkey. If a speedy thaw is necessary, thaw the turkey in cold water. Do not thaw at room temperature.
4 – Start preparing dinner early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day. Have a list with order of items you’ll be preparing (budgeting oven time for the various dishes).
5 – Encourage family members to help out – whether it’s preparing appetizers, side dishes or desserts. This takes a lot of the stress off the primary cook of the home.
What are your golden rules of Thanksgiving?
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will each win a $20 voucher good towards the purchase of a Butterball Turkey for a their own Golden Thanksgiving!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
- Tell me in a comment what your Golden rules of Thanksgiving are!!
- Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Follow Butterball on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway (#Butterball #TheMommyFiles)– 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
- Become a Fan of Butterball on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
- Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
- Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
- Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, November 15th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
We received a coupon from Butterball to facilitate this review. The giveaway is sponsored by Butterball. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
Enter your email address: