It’s Back-to-School for our families everywhere and parents are working harder these days to ready their students for school. Teaching our children the value of money is becoming more and more important and Citi has some smart back-to-school spending tips for you!
Whether parents are readying their student for the first days of junior high or accompanying their college freshman to the dorm, these tips will help them to spend wisely:
- Want your college student to begin building credit? Look for a card that rewards responsible finance. The CitiForward card offers up to 2% APR reduction and 1,200 ThankYou Rewards points for paying on time and staying under your credit limit for 3 billing periods in a row. Students can also earn 5 ThankYou points for every $1 spent on restaurants and entertainment (including books!)
- Use shopping tools that do your comparison shopping homework for you. Register your purchase with CitiPrice Rewind (www.citipricerewind.com) and Citi will search hundreds of retailers. If the same item is found and is at least $25 lower than what you paid within 30 days of purchase, Citi Price Rewind will refund you the difference. Whether you’re buying a mobile phone or new laptop for your student, these savings can add up!
- Look for deals and benefits with your credit card to earn rewards on back to school purchases. With theCiti ThankYou® card, earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 spent, and redeem for electronics, gift cards and travel with no restrictions. Earn extra points when shopping for school supplies through the online ThankYou Bonus Center (a network of 600+ retailers).
- Taking students to college or already planning trips home? Cardmembers can use Citi ThankYou Premier Card and fly with students for free. The Citi ThankYou Premier credit card offers a complimentary domestic companion ticket with any airline and no blackout dates, a perfect way for parents to save on airfare.
- Worried about your student traveling back and forth to college or just losing their wallet? Gain peace of mind when shopping and traveling with Citi Benefit Builder®, Citi’s new easy way to explore your card’s valuable safeguards and benefits including:
—Car Rental Insurance
—Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
—Lost Luggage Protection
—Travel & Emergency Assistance
—Automatic Travel Accident Insurance
—Lost Wallet® Protection
For more information about Citi ThankYou cards, visit: https://online.
This is a non-compensated guest post from our friends at Citi.
Enter your email address: