It’s that time of year where are children are going back to school! With the back-to-school season is the need to purchase school supplies, new clothes, and other necessities for the start of the new school year. American Express is here to help you get off to a good start!
What are the benefits of Amex Cards and their signature Membership Rewards program?
- You can redeem MR points for increments as low as 2,500 to get gift cards in $25 increments at all your favorite stores, be it Gap, Saks Fifth Avenue, Banana Republic, or Old Navy.
- You can even pay with points or partially with points on Amazon.
- There is also a brand new Back to School Catalog that lets you pick up fall essentials like tablets/e-readers, Tumi carry-on luggage and more!
About Purchase Protection
Did your new cell phone break in the mail during delivery? Did someone steal your brand new designer handbag? Rest assured because Purchase Protection covers Amex Cardmembers (no matter which Card they have) from accidental damage or theft for up to 90 days. Whether it is repairing, replacing or reimbursing items, Amex’ Cardmembers are always taken care of. For more information, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/card-benefits/purchase-protection.html.
I was given the task of finding items that I would purchase of a total of up to 500,000 MR Points. I had a lot of fun searching through the site and was amazed at the items I could purchase with MR pointsl. I have put together a display of the items I would purchase with my MR points if I had them to spend on back-to-school shopping.
For the entire family, I would purchase an Apple 13″ MacBook® Pro with 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel® Core™ i5 Processor, costing 198,900 Points. This would be useful for school assignments, Internet Searching, and more. The entire family could use it!
With the purchase of the Macbook, I would also purchase a Magic Mouse. This would make it easier to use with the computer. The entire family would use it. The total for this purchase would be 12,200 points.
I would also purchase a Brothers All-in-One Printer with Wireless Networking. This would come in handy for printing up School Supply Lists, Assignments, and more! The total for this purchase would be 27,200 points.
The next electronic purchase I would make would be the Apple IPad with 64GB and Wi-Fi. This item would also be for the entire family. The total for this purchase would be 120,500 points.
The purchase of a Canon PowerShot Camera would be the next on the list. This could be used for taking pictures on the first day of school, school activities, and field trips. This item would cost 27,000 points.
For the boys Fall Clothing selection, I would purchase Old Navy Gift Cards (valued at $10 each, these cost 10,000 points). I would purchase about $100 worth to go back-to-school shopping for my boys (a total of 10,000 points).
Next, I would purchase each of my boys good jackets for the fall season. The North Face Boys’ Denali Jacket (costing 12,400 points). The total purchase for three jackets would 37,200 points.
I would also purchase Kohls Gift Cards, since they have a lot of cute clothing selections for kids. I would purchase $250 worth of gift cards (a total of 25,000 points). The gift cards would be used to purchase clothes and shoes for my three boys.
The rest of my points usage would be applied towards the purchase of American Express Gift Cards. I could use these to purchase school supplies and supplies for the classroom. I would purchase $200.00 worth of gift cards, totaling 40,000 points.
With MR Points from American Express, you can fall clothes, backpacks, gift cards, and school supplies! The possibilities are endless!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a $250 American Express Gift Card!!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
- Tell me in a comment what you would do with 250,000 Membership Reward Points.
- Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
- Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
- Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
- Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday September 23rd, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a gift card for my participation with American Express as part of this campaign. The giveaway is sponsored by American Express. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
Enter your email address: