Jif Hazelnut Spreads + $50 AMEX Gift Card Giveaway
I love eating Jif Peanut Butter! I’m even one of those people who will eat it out of the jar. I have exciting news for Jif Peanut Butter lovers! Jif, the #1 peanut butter brand, is breaking out of its shell and bringing to us NEW hazelnut spreads. Jif Hazelnut Spreads are everything you love about Jif now in delicious, creamy hazelnut spreads. Popular hazelnut flavor pairings of chocolate and coffee inspired these two new flavor varieties: Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread and Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread, now available where you buy groceries.
Jif Hazelnut Spreads can be enjoyed on a slice of whole wheat toast, with a favorite fruit or dessert or even by the spoonful for a sweet treat. Here are a few more ways to give your favorite dessert, snack, or beverage a hazelnut twist:
– Add to s’mores instead of chocolate bars for a tasty treat (or even in addition to the chocolate bars).
– Use as a quick and delicious icing on your favorite brownies or cupcakes.
– Spread on top of waffles or pancakes for a tasty way to start the day.
– Spread on top of pre-cooked pizza dough and add slices of bananas, strawberries, or a favorite sliced fruit for a new twist on fruit pizza.
– Add to coffee or a milkshake for a unique twist on your favorite beverage.
– Graham Crackers
– Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut or Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
– Large Marshmallow
1. SPREAD graham cracker square with about one tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread. If you really love chocolate, you can also add a square of chocolate. Top with a marshmallow.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH (100% power) 5 to 10 seconds or until marshmallow puffs. Top with another cracker square. Serve immediately.
Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 seconds
– ¾ stick Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (or ¾ cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
– 1 ¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
– 2 tbsps. milk
– 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
– 1 large egg
– ½ cup Jif Chocolate Hazelnut or Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Spread
– 1 ¾ cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
– 1 tsp. salt
– ¾ tsp. baking soda
– 1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
– 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts (optional)
1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
2. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and chocolate hazelnut butter. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonful 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
4. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
TIP **If nuts are omitted, an additional ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. HEAT oven to 375°F. Follow recipe above to prepare dough. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread dough evenly in pan.
2. BAKE 23 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and center feels slightly firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
1. DRIZZLE: PLACE ¾ cup semi-sweet chips with 1 ½ teaspoons shortening in a resealable plastic bag; seal. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; knead bag. Continue in 10 seconds intervals, if necessary, until melted. Clip off corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over cooked cookies or bars.
Makes: 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
The Hazelnut Spreads were good, especially when spread on a graham cracker and made into the S’mores. I didn’t make the cookies, but the recipe sounds amazing! The Hazelnut Spreads would also be good in the place of peanut butter in smoothies you make. A big thanks goes to Jif for this review and giveaway!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Jif Hazelnut Spread Tasting Kit (ARV $100):
- Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Folgers Black Silk Coffee
- Silver Spoon
- Recipes and Tips
- $50 AMEX Gift Card
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which Hazelnut Spread you would try first – the Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread or the Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread?
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 22nd, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
A product sample was provided for my review by Jif. The giveaway was sponsored by Jif. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.