Being a mom of three boys, while juggling family, school, internship and a nationally recognized blog, makes always staying connected critical. For the last year I have carried around two phones. One I call my “dumb” phone and one I call my “smart” phone. This has required two chargers, two phone plans, two hands, two pockets, and sometimes two ears attached to one brain. Can you see the issue?
I began looking for something to replace these phones and went through the struggles that many moms do when it comes to technology – mainly not having the time, patience, or desire to learn a new platform. When given the opportunity to review the new Nokia Lumia 710 Microsoft Windows phone with T-Mobile service, I jumped at the chance.
My “momsperience” with the Nokia Lumia 710 began with the box arriving at my house. The packaging was beautiful. It wasn’t my typical unpacking experience, but was a truly unique package that was designed to make the entire process of setup as user friendly as possible. I followed the directions and was up and running almost immediately; exactly what a mom on the go needs.
Upon powering up the phone I was walked through the steps of getting connected on what I would have to say is the most gorgeous screen I have encountered on a phone. The colors are vibrant and rich and this screen puts my other phones to shame. It walked me through setting up a Nokia and Microsoft account, and allowed me to setup my facebook, twitter, and email without a hitch.
Nokia and Microsoft have really got it right with this phone. The entire platform is based on my social interactions – “People”, “Messaging”, and “Email” are at the forefront of the Lumia 710, giving me access to all of my social networks on the main screen. One problem I have had in the past with mobile devices is that they usually do certain things really well and other things not so well. This is where the Lumia really stands out. It truly is a phone first and gives you easy access to all phone functions without losing sight of its origins.
On-the-go moms will also appreciate the easy access camera function. The Lumia 710 has a 5 megapixel camera with flash that can be accessed by simply pressing a shutter button on the side of the phone when powered on. This means you will never miss that exciting, funny, or just plain strange moment that our kids are so good at springing on us. The camera also functions as a full-blown video camera – even better for those “strange” moments we can use as blackmail when the kids are teenagers.
The T-Mobile coverage was good overall, although there were places in my home that were better than others. This, however, is not too much different than my other phones with different networks. The Lumia allows a wi-fi connection so you can stay connected just about anywhere a hotspot exists. Plus, the T-Mobile data network was very fast, giving me immediate access to the web, with web search through Bing, and an easy to use Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser.
If Apps are your thing, or as I have discovered, my kids hijack my phone (making it “their” thing), the 710 is definitely your device. With the touch of the screen, you can access the “Marketplace,” where you will find thousands of Apps from games to music,to productivity – you name it. Oh and if your kids are like mine and they are all over Angry Birds, you don’t have to worry because Nokia has that too.
Nokia, Microsoft, and T-Mobile have created an amazing momsperience with the Lumia 710. It is a budget-friendly smartphone that speaks to moms, dads, and kids alike, keeping everyone in the family connected. Nokia has even provided a great website with everything you need to know – from getting started to in-depth walkthroughs. Even more unique, Nokia “SmartStart” will schedule with you a personal and complete walkthrough of the phone to get you up and running with a live person if you need it. This is why I give the Nokia Lumia 710 my new “Mommy Likey” status and highly recommend it for any moms in the market for an integrated smartphone.
More fun features include:
- Available in a black or white finish, with colored backs for customization, the Nokia Lumia 710 features a 3.7-inch ClearBlack WVGA scratch-resistant display (a must for those with curious children!) for outstanding outdoor viewing and a Qualcomm 1.4 GHz Snapdragon(TM) processor providing speedy access to entertainment and information on-the-go!
- It also features a 5-megapixel camera with Nokia’s leading camera technology, enabling you to take pictures in almost any light condition and then share on social networks and with friends and family in under five seconds.
- The pricing of the Nokia Lumia 710 is unmatched. Starting as low as $49.99, it’s the perfect phone for moms on a budget who need to stay connected!
- The Nokia Lumia 710 features great tools like Office Notes for to-do and shopping lists, as well as apps such as Fandango, Groupon, CNNireport, and Nokia Drive.
- Great apps for moms from Sesame Workshop, exclusive for Nokia Windows Phone users – available through the Windows Marketplace.
For more information visit: www.nokia.com/us-en
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Nokia Lumia 710 Phone!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
- Tell me in a comment how the Nokia Lumia 710 could simplify your life!!
- Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Follow Nokia on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
- Become a Fan of Nokia on Facebook - 1 ENTRY
- Follow me through Google Connect (on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
- Subscribe to my blog (email subscription) – 1 ENTRY
- Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
- Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, April 29th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a Lumia 710 Phone from Nokia to facilitate my review for this campaign. The giveaway was sponsored by Nokia. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.