Black Friday Shopping Tips at Walmart + Giveaway
Today is Thanksgiving, which means that tomorrow is Black Friday! That’s right, one of the biggest shopping days of the year! This holiday season, Walmart released its Black Friday savings earlier than ever before to help moms (and dads) like me and you plan our holiday shopping in advance so we can enjoy our time with friends and family.
I remember when I was a little girl, looking through the Black Friday ads the day before and planning our shopping trip for the next morning. We’d wake up around 3:00 and head out by 4:00 to arrive in time for the stores opening up at 5:00 a.m. – yawn! I learned quickly that planning out the items you wanted and the order in which stores were visited was of great importance for a successful Black Friday shopping trip. I also learned that shopping in pairs or groups was great because you could spread out around the store at the same time, purchasing all the items on your list at once. Black Friday was not something you just went into blindly – it took planning!
This year, when every penny counts, Walmart will be kicking off its in-store specials even earlier at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Everything on your list will be available at great prices during three special Black Friday shopping events:
– 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (November 24) – Top Toys, Home and Apparel
– Midnight on Black Friday (November 25th) – Electronics! Electronics! Electronics!
– 8 a.m. November 25th through the weekend – Gifts for the entire family; electronics and more
WALMART’S BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING TIPS
– Don’t Forget Your Map! Walmart is also helping shoppers plan their Black Friday in-store shopping strategy by making available store-specific maps on Facebook. To access the map, shoppers simply need to find their favorite store by clicking on the “My Local Walmart” application on Walmart’s Facebook page.
– Match Any Competitors Ad: Along with its full plate of Thanksgiving weekend specials Walmart promises to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product, including matching competitor’s deals for the day after Thanksgiving.
Walmart is inviting you to share your best Black Friday shopping tips in exchange for a chance to win a $25 Walmart gift card!!!
1 LUCKY READER ON THE MOMMY-FILES WILL WIN A $25 WALMART GIFT CARD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of your favorite Black Friday Shopping Tips!!!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Walmart on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, December 11th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
No compensation was received for this post. The giveaway was sponsored by Walmart. All opinions expressed on this post are 100% mine.