My boys really enjoy watching “Cars” on DVD, as well as playing with their Cars toys. For my youngest’s birthday, he wanted to have a Lightning McQueen and “Cars” party and Wilton was here to help! It was so much fun and I had a blast decorating the cake and cupcakes! Some of my friends looked at the cake and responded with, “How did you do that? I’m just not that creative.” One of the things I love about Wilton is that they make it so that you CAN do it and have homemade, hand-decorated cakes turn out beautifully. Believe me, when I first started, I didn’t think I could do it either, but I am here to tell you that it CAN be done! Plus, it’s fun and your family and friends will love your creations.
I had so much fun baking and decorating the Lightning McQueen Cake for Sam and we were all super excited to see the end results! Any party is a joy ride when you serve a cake starring Lightning McQueen! All the fun details you love on the big screen are here. One-mix pan is 13 3/4 x 6 1/4 – 2 3/4 inches deep. It is Aluminum and retails for $15.99. I colored the icing for the Lightning McQueen Cake with the “Cars” Icing Color Set. The Icing Color Set includes four .5 oz. jars: Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and is certified Kosher. The set retails for $6.49.
We also had a great time decorating our “Cars” cupcakes! I started by making the cupcakes and filling the “Cars” Baking Cups with cake mix. For the best results, I suggest using a lighter colored cake batter, as the darker batters make it more difficult to enjoy the brightness of the designs on the baking cups. I decorated the cupcakes using the Rainbow Jimmies and “Cars” Icing Decorations. The “Cars” Icing Decorations are mint-flavored edible sugar shapes that are perfect for decorating cupcakes, cookies, ice cream and cake. They are certified Kosher. The Baking Cups retail for $1.79 for a pack of 50 and are microwave-safe. The Rainbow Jimmies retail for $2.29 for a 2.5 ounce bottle and $4.49 for a 6.25 ounce bottle. The “Cars” Icing Decorations retail for $2.49 for a pack of 9.
Once you have your cupcakes decorated, display them on a fun “Cars” Treat Stand. It’s an instant party with a bright, 3-tier cupcake stand and fun decorative topper. 12 x 16.25 in. high. Holds up to 24 cupcakes. Baking cups not included. The Treat Stand retails for $6.99.
The “Cars” Candle is the perfect addition to your birthday cake (or cupcake)! The “Cars” Candle is handpainted, clean-burning with fun details. It stands 3 1/2 in. high. The candle retails for $4.49.
To finish up the party, send your guests home with fun “Cars” Treat Bags! Fill with candy, cookies and other goodies; great for gifts and surprises, too! Includes 16 4 x 9.5 in. bags with twist ties. The Treat Bags retail for $2.09 for a pack of 16.
1 LUCKY READER ON THE MOMMY-FILES WILL WIN A WILTON “CARS” CAKE DECORATING SET, INCLUDING THE LIGHTNING MCQUEEN CAKE PAN, ICING COLOR SET, ICING DECORATIONS, BAKING CUPS, TREAT STAND, CANDLE, AND TREAT BAGS!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
- Tell me in a comment who your favorite “Cars” character is and what your favorite Wilton “Cars” item is!
- Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Follow Wilton Cakes on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
- Become a Fan of Wilton’s Cakes on Facebook - 1 ENTRY
- Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
- Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
- Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
- Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 30th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received supplies from Wilton to facilitate my review of the restaurant. The giveaway was sponsored by Wilton. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
Enter your email address: