“VeggieTales: ‘Twas the Night Before Easter” DVD Giveaway
On March 8th, 2011, Big Idea Entertainment released a fun new DVD for kids and families everywhere – VeggieTales: ‘Twas the Night Before Easter. You’ll love this all-new “hare” raising Easter adventure, full of Easter music and meaning. VeggieTales: ‘Twas the Night Before Easter reminds kids and families of the true meaning of the Easter celebration and the importance of helping others in need. You’ll definitely want to add this one to your holiday collection! VeggieTales: ‘Twas the Night Before Easter retails for $14.99 and is available for purchase online and in stores.
It’s Easter time in Crisper County and cable news reporter Marlee Meade (Petunia Rhubarb) is hunting for a way to help others. On a tip that the old town theater will be shut down, Marlee cooks up a plan to save the stage and make a difference through the power of musical theater! With a cast of costume-clad townies, massive props and a 20-foot robot rabbit – “Up With Bunnies” is hatched! There’s only one thing missing – the star of the show!
When news spreads that singing sensation Cassie Cassava (Melinda Doolittle) is arriving to perform in her hometown church’s Easter service, Marlee gets worried. Concerned about the competition, she schemes to steal the starlet for her own pageant! But when things go haywire, will it be curtains for Marlee’s dreams – or will she discover the true meaning of Easter and what helping others is really all about?
This brand new DVD features plenty of fun music as well as a new character – Cassie Cassava – voiced by American Idol top finalist Melinda Doolittle. Other memorable family-friendly content includes silly songs, interviews and a backstage pass feature with Larry the Cucumber on the “VeggieTales Live!” tour. ‘Twas The Night Before Easter examines how important it is to help other people while exploring the real meaning of Easter. The title’s launch is supported by a comprehensive marketing and advertising campaign with licensing and promotional partners such as, Gund Toys, Toys “R” Us, Walmart, Target, American Greetings Interactive, Frankford Candy & Chocolate, American Puzzle Company and more, as well as live events.
“We hatched ‘Twas The Night Before Easter as a holiday surprise for families,” said Leslie Ferrell, General Manager of Big Idea Entertainment. “This title follows the huge sales success our first Easter-themed release, An Easter Carol, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to deliver a new DVD timed to the holiday this year. It was truly a rewarding experience working with Melinda Doolittle, and we think fans are going to love her character, Cassie Cassava, just as much as her wonderful singing!”
“EGGS-TRA” BONUS FEATURES
- Audio Commentary
- “The Hopperena” Silly Songs Sing-Along
- Behind the voice of “Cassie” with Melinda Doolittle
- Larry’s backstage pass to “VeggieTales Live!”
- “Easter Cards” Interactive Matching Game
We love VeggieTales in our home and this is another fun VeggieTales holiday DVD we enjoy watching! I love the music and the positive messages sent to those watching, including that of helping others. Big Idea Entertainment is a great company and VeggieTales is a fun show! I can’t wait to see what they come up with next! A big thanks goes to Big Idea Entertainment for the DVD review and giveaway on The Mommy-Files!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of VeggieTales: ‘Twas The Night Before Easter on DVD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
- Tell me in a comment how you’ve helped somebody in the past month.
- Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
- Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
- Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook– 1 ENTRY
- Become a Fan of VeggieTales on Facebook - 1 ENTRY
- Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
- Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
- Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
- Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
- Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, April 17th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “VeggieTales: ‘Twas The Night Before Easter” on DVD from Big Idea Entertainment to facilitate this review. Big Idea Entertainment sponsored the giveaway. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.