In October, I received several emails surrounding Breast Cancer Awareness, however, one email struck me especially hard….and it wasn’t about Breast Cancer. The email was about Ovarian Cancer and was sent by my stepmom, who lost her mother to Ovarian Cancer. Please pay careful attention to the symptoms listed, as they are very important. Also, ask your doctor for a CA-125 blood test every year when you get your physical. It’s not a perfect test, but it’s the best there is.
Ovarian Cancer Whispers, so listen carefully….
- Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort
- Vague but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea, and indigestion
- Frequency and/or urgency of urination in the absence of an infection
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating and/or feeling of fullness
- Ongoing unusual fatigue
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits
If symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks, ask your doctor for a combination pelvic/rectal exam, CA-125 blood test, and trans-vaginal ultrasound.
A PAP Test will NOT detect Ovarian Cancer!
Teal is the ribbon color representing Ovarian Cancer!
I did not receive compensation for this post. I feel it is important to share with women everywhere and am happy to post it on The Mommy-Files. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
Enter your email address: